07 July 2007

Dreams and holidays

On a more personal note, term two has finished, accompanied by typically odd lucid dreams.

Yesterday morning I dreamt I was a prayer-reader at Tony and Jasmyn's wedding. It was a hyper-traditional Anglican service being held in a colossal wooden church building. I hadn't practiced my prayer and was hoping it would be easy enough to ad lib. Geoff Lin lent me his own everyday English translation of the prayer in case I needed it but I thought I would be fine without it. However, the prayer I had to read was so incomprehensible that I had to stop after a couple of stilted sentences. I simply couldn't get my head around it, least of all the reference to God as a powernoid -- whatever that is. The service went on without me.

This morning I had a dream about what might have been the Vietnam war. My imagination conjured things far more barbarous and gory than any war story I've yet heard. It doesn't bear repeating.

It's good to have a break! After the feet-finding of term one, term two has gone smoothly though I've been weary since finishing Middle School reports back in week 7.

No comments: